[Clayart] art and play

Randall Moody via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Sat Aug 2 21:25:35 EDT 2014

I  think that we make be mistaking the use of terms. Play does not always
denote frivolity but rather a joy in making. Many times it is in the
presentation of the idea or work. During my MFA I was charged by a studio
mate as not being serious about my or his work i.e. being frivolous when I
was simply not couching the criticism in stoic tones. We don't all have to
present ourselves as morticians to be taken serious. (God knows I am too
tall for that. Lurch references would abound!)

--
Randall in Atlanta
http://wrandallmoody.com