[Clayart] CLaude Laliberté's Glazes

ivor and olive lewis via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Sat Aug 23 00:42:32 EDT 2014

One of the indicators of metallic Zinc volatilisation is the reversion to an
oxidised state as it is exhausted from the kiln is Colour. That of the hot
zinc oxide is pale yellow where it escapes via spy holes or fissures in
brickwork
I would suggest to anyone who has to teach glaze chemistry that they
introduce.some practical bench testing using the Blowpipe and Charcoal Block
test,  the Flame tests and the Molten Bead tests. For Details see a book on
minerals of the Earth. My copy of "Dana's Manual of Mineralogy" 18th edition
by Cornelius S.Hurlbut Jr. published byWiley and Sons. is getting a bit
worn.
Interesting discussion
Ivor Lewis,
REDHILL,