[Clayart] Mica clay and terra sigilatta

Gina Mars via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Wed Aug 27 09:01:51 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I ran into someone who does the horsehair technique on their pottery and a metallic coat of copper or gold on the rim. I asked about this colorant and they said it was mica mixed with terra sigilatta ,burnished and low fired. I find this a little hard to believe since I looked up the colors mica like they use in makeup and it doesn't seem like you can fire this more than a few hundred degrees .The colors were 100percent metallic and looked like they were painted on. does anyone have any experience with this?
thank, enjoying the last of summer here in New York
a perfect summer, Gina Mars
Www.marspottery.net

Sent from my iPad