[Clayart] clay body

John Hesselberth via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Wed Aug 27 11:03:37 EDT 2014

Hi Jim,

I don’t know much about clay bodies, but I do know that Cushing’s Handbook has several pages of recipes with some comments on how they behave. He gives recipes for raku, earthenware, cone 6-10 stoneware and porcelains. You might find some hints in there on formulating what you want. Last I heard  his handbook was still available directly from him or his wife. I don’t have an address, but someone on the list usually does when his handbook is mentioned. It is worth owning.

Regards,

John