[Clayart] Element Life

via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Fri Aug 29 15:53:19 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

There is not much point to slow cooling before 1000 as the crystals
that improve the look of many glazes don't start forming till then.

Scutt has always maintained that slow cooling reduces element life but
I'm sure there are many on this list who are slow cooling and still
getting good element life,

RR