[Clayart] Technology

Paul Gerhold via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Sun Aug 31 07:55:55 EDT 2014

Oxyprobes,  thermocouples, computer controlled kilns all cost money that may or not make the work better.  My guess is that the actual benefits of these tools relates mostly to how precise the firing has to be to achieve the desired results.  We all have glazes that seem to work no matter what we do in a firing, and then we have glazes that only achieve their full glory in very precise tightly controlled firings.

Some of us gravitate to the challenge of the "ornery" glazes and others work toward forgiving glazes.  To,each his own.

Paul

Sent from my iPad