[Clayart] red refire [GroupMail]

ivor and olive lewis iandol at westnet.com.au
Thu Jan 2 00:25:47 EST 2014

Dear Mel,
In the chemical lab of the Steel Company where I worked they had to check
every ingot for its Hydrogen content, and to devise ways of eliminating
hydrogen from inter atomic lattice space. If this was not done the steel
would fracture due Hydrogen Embrittlement while it was being processed or
under service stress; Forged, rolled, even welded. Free individual Hydrogen
molecules have  high velocity . Heat treatment  was the answer. To ensure
there was no hydrogen in fabricated components, like helicopter rotor hubs,
The welding rods we made for custom designed alloys were baked to remove
water and hence, eliminate occluded Hydrogen.
To my mind, the method you employ not only supplies Carbon via Carbon
Monoxide, but more importantly molecular Hydrogen from wood chips which can
rapidly diffuse into and through the disordered and disrupted glaze silicate
lattice and freely react with Copper Oxide molecules.

A Happy New Year to You

Ivor Lewis,
REDHILL,
South Australia