[Clayart] torching pots

Cynosure -Arts cynosure_arts at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:14:38 EST 2014

I have found that most (not all) copper flashing raku glazes can have their colors prolonged (still not a forever-solution) with a light spray of clear acrylic paint. I have some more than 10 years old with no apparent fading. btw, This also makes it easier to dust them with a damp cloth.
A few glazes, however, seem more dependent for their coloring on a surface differential refractive index (like oil on water) and the paint changes this, greatly muting the colors.  Test, test, test  :-)
Ericwww.cynosure-arts.weebly.com