[Clayart] urns

mel jacobson melpots2 at visi.com
Sun Jan 12 20:09:31 EST 2014

i have been making more and more urns.
i have mentioned that before.

in fact, i am working on a new design...not so
much a cannister jar/ a bit more classy.

my take has always been, like having a stainless or
all copper coffin, it is nice to go for longevity.

so, i make the urn from high temp clay and fire
to cone 11.  at least a 300,000 year guarantee.

some love wooden urns, some raku, maybe even
a paper box.  both sharlene's mom and my son mark
are still in the cardboard box that arrived to us.
sharlene has made a lovely fabric cover for each, and they sit
on the floor in the living room.
works for us.
no one ever even mentions those two boxes.  no clue what
is inside.  as we want it.
mel.

from: minnetonka, mn
website: http://www.visi.com/~melpots/