[Clayart] Artist Statements

Mike Gordon clayart at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 18 14:26:38 EST 2014

First I think it is important to point out the difference between an
artists bio , where they went to school, where thy were born, how they
found their way to ceramic's, etc. how old they are, how many degrees
they have or where they are teaching, or working as an artist who lives
off the sale of their work, and a statement as to what their thinking
was that brought them to this body of work that you are looking at. I
have seen many web sites that differentiate between the two. For
myself, in all of my almost 50 years of working in clay I have never
been asked for an artist statement. Mike Gordon