[Clayart] s cracks

William & Susan Schran User wschran at cox.net
Mon Jan 20 22:46:54 EST 2014

I also consider cracks, whether ³S² or any other letter of the alphabet,
to be a defect.
Not allowing water to sit in pot bottom while throwing, compressing the
bottom (both sides), throwing/trimming such that wall through bottom
thickness are relatively even and drying evenly is all one needs to do to
prevent nearly any stress crack.
I have used a number of different clays over the years from very coarse
rake to fine particle porcelain and I can¹t recall the last time I saw an
³S² crack in any of my work.

Bill
--
William "Bill" Schran