[Clayart] nceca site crash

mel jacobson melpots2 at visi.com
Wed Jan 22 21:58:26 EST 2014

NCECA SITE CRASH

We know that many NCECA members have been frustrated over the past 36
hours that our website has crashed in the midst of conference
registration as well as a publicized January 22 deadline for Regina
Brown Undergraduate Student Fellowships and Graduate Student
Fellowships. Please know that we share your frustration and are
working to our capacity to resolve the problems with our ISP.

We want our student members to know that NCECA has decided to extend
the Regina Brown Undergraduate Student Fellowship and Graduate
Student Fellowship deadline to midnight MST, Wednesday, January 29,
2014.  You will not be able to access the submission form until the
site is fully restored.

Although the website is down you can still access
<mailbox:///C|/Users/mel/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/wun7ayly.default/Mail/pop3.mail.visi.com/https://netforum.avectra.com/eWeb/Shopping/Shopping.aspx?Site=NCECA&WebCode=Shopping&msm=3aff870a-c677-475e-be5a-45454b1656ef&cst=35731e7f-e84c-4d3a-8fa1-7d41351c7b19&ent=5a211957-14a8-46c6-ba87-bcf116b0f37a&msm=137ee4a2-3e8d-4222-80ee-dd880f01ab2a&cst=da503e56-1e26-43ba-9c5e-ffd3dee28b5f&ent=5a211957-14a8-46c6-ba87-bcf116b0f37a>NCECA
Conference registration through the online store. Be sure to use the
links on the left side of the page to login, check and if necessary
renew your membership status so that you receive the best possible
rates. Early Bird discounts will remain in place through the end of January.

The crash seems to have resulted from overwhelming the data
limitations of our current grid-server plan. This is due in part to
the massive quantities of data accumulated over time from exhibition
and award entries as well as PowerPoints and podcasts that NCECA
hosts. It has been compounded by our recent launch of blog.nceca.net,
creation of several more expansive podcasts, and a new site format
that we have been working on over the past year. In order to restore
our site we have been in the process of downloading many of these
larger files to make room for a fix. This process is taking more time
than any of us want, but we are working to remedy the situation.

We will post Facebook updates about site restoration status as soon
as we have more information. Thank you for your patience as we work
to get back up and running.

from: minnetonka, mn
website: http://www.visi.com/~melpots/
  clayart link:  http://www.visi.com/~melpots/clayart.html