[Clayart] installing mol duct into plaster mold

Don Goodrich djg at dongoodrichpottery.com
Sun Mar 2 19:17:42 EST 2014

Hi Kathleen,
   It took some digging, but I found the answer to your question.
It's in Reid Harvey's book "Pressing Ceramics With Air Release",
published by Gentle Breeze in 1993. ISBN 1-889250-00-7.
Quoting from page 10:
   "After tying down all necessary tubing, cut it at the end, in the center
of the screen.
Turn a little moist clay, or modeling clay into a coil. Push this into the
hole at the end of the tubing to plug it.
Now fold this over and tie it off with a piece of the wire. This blocks off
the end of the coil."

Another person who has some experience with this is Terry Sullivan of
Nottingham Center for the Arts.
I haven't seen him or Reid on ClayArt in some years, but hopefully someone
with air-release experience will turn up.

Hope this helps,
   Don Goodrich

goodrichdn at aol.com

http://dongoodrichpottery.com/