[Clayart] "What's in a name?" glazes

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 19:22:32 EST 2014

I certainly strive to give proper credit. But where does this change? For
example I recently reworked a glaze. Firstly I did a Si/Al biaxial. (And
chose different numbers to the original), then I added in a bit of
magnesium. Then I reworked the KNa:Ca levels. And that was just the base
glaze.

At the end of which I had a glaze whose recipe might have started off as a
named glaze (I didn't get a name with it in this particular case ...). At
this point though ... is it really his glaze, or my glaze?

Robert