[Clayart] Dead electric kilns

Dorothy Parshall dorothyp at whidbey.com
Wed Mar 5 20:50:47 EST 2014

The three electric kilns we now have sitting here, unused and in
varying states of disrepair, cause me to wonder what one does. What
are environmentally sensible ways of reusing, recycling or something,
kilns which have outlived their usefulness. Keeping an eye on kijiji,
there seem to be many kilns, in Quebec at least, that no one wants any
more. They are not easy to re-home. I can see making a small raku kiln
out of one but only if someone comes along who is really interested in
working on that.

We have room for them but I have trouble with just having things
sitting here forever. Now that I have a brand new one that will
outlive me....

Any ideas??

Dorothy, Quebec