[Clayart] Dead electric kilns

zalt57 zalt57 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 00:10:39 EST 2014

 Dorothy;

You state:
The problem is, there are no "friends" that I know of. I have not
found any coalition of Quebec potters. I have met two in real life and
3 on-line.

------
I find it odd that you have not participated in 1001POTS.   Every year during the month and July and August approximately 100 potters and ceramic artists gather at Val David, Quebec, to show and sell their work.  This activity has been going on for the past 25 years.  This year is the 26 edition.   See:  http://www.1001pots.com/

Be sure to visit Terrance's Website
at: http://www.clayart.ca

On Thursday, March 6, 2014 2:56 PM, Dorothy Parshall <dorothyp at whidbey.com> wrote:

On Mar 6, 2014, at 8:56 AM, Arnold Howard wrote:

> Friends may want to use your discarded kilns for spare parts such as
> switches, lid, Kiln Sitter, etc.

The problem is, there are no "friends" that I know of. I have not
found any coalition of Quebec potters. I have met two in real life and
3 on-line.

There seem to be more people getting rid of kilns than people wanting
them. We now have one with an element shot and bricks disintegrating -
might be a good raku kiln - I am considering that though I shall have
to study the books for instructions, having gone to one workshop about
20 years ago; 2 small ones I have not tested, or even looked at
properly - waiting for spring; one larger one (maybe 7cf) that is
sitting in Montreal in safe place. And two I shall use - the Duncan
automatic and my wonderful "new" Paragon. They are all safely
ensconced but, the total investment is about $300, for the older ones
so I would happily part with some of the above if  I find anyone
interested.  I expect the two newer ones will outlive me - elements
and all.

I do consider this to be a surfeit of kilns!  I shall definitely stop
getting kiln alerts on Kijiji!!

Dorothy, Quebec