[Clayart] new G-200 feldspar/Tony's ditch glazes

prickly potter pricklypotter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 21:05:39 EST 2014

Hmmm. Don't want to be too argumentative but must point out that tired as
we may all be of small town/rural Ontario, last time I checked there was no
significant clay or granite deposit near College and Spadina. The closest
thing is some lumps of Gneiss outside the UofT Geology building. Nothing on
Burrard and Davie in Vancouver either.

Also those of us who are urban potters don't necessarily have room in their
studios for the machinery needed to crush large quantities of rock. Rent
being what it is. Even if we do carry back some nice granite from a summer
camping trip.

And so, sourcing my own clay and rocks remains out of reach. A quick mental
calculation tells me that about 1/3 of all Canadians live in Canada's 3
biggest urban areas and so I am probably not the only one forced to rely on
imported ground up rock.