[Clayart] Bill Carty and pinholing

Marci marci at ppio.com
Tue Mar 11 14:03:19 EDT 2014

>Hey guys,

  For what its worth :
  Dont know if this will add any insight to the discussion or not...
but.. I once-fire my porcelain. Im using Laguna frost ^ 6 and after
it is dry , I clear glaze it with  commercial clear and then fire .
  Used to get tons of pinholing till I started misting the dry  (
unfired) clay pieces with water before glazing .. or wiping the face
of them with a damp sponge .. If I dont do that , you can actually
see the pinholes pop up  on the surface like clam holes in the sand
,,,The only other time I get pinholes is if I dont apply the glaze
heavily enough .
    I know you are discussing glazing over fired ware.. but didnt
know if this might be an " aha!" thing  .
marci the chinapainter

---