[Clayart] Bill Carty and pinholing

PETER HAMER p.hamer at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 11 20:18:42 EDT 2014

Marci,

Your post suggests an possible mechanism.

- The water in a dipping glaze is absorbed by the bisque.

- This displaces air from the bisque.
- Sometimes this air comes out at the surface, forming

---- either bubblesin the unfired glaze layer (see Taylor's last post)
---- or pinholes through the unfired glaze layer

Regards, Peter