[Clayart] High Potassium Fledspars

Fredrick Paget fredrick at well.com
Thu Mar 13 14:15:20 EDT 2014

See: <http://www.wendtpottery.com/mcspar.htm> for update on Moose
Creek  hi K feldspar.

   Michael Wendt has been working on this. It has been delayed for
years by a lot of problems. They have to ship it across the country
for beneficiation, since there  is apparently a lot of trash rock in
the crude ore.

There used to be one here called Kingman Feldspar but it is not mined any more.

  I am waiting for some Moose Creek as it ought to be good in blue celadons.

Fred

>On Mar 10, 2014, at 8:44 AM, David McBeth <dmcbethme at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I am sure this has been discussed but searches have been to no avail...
>>
>>  I am looking for very high ( higher than Custer) potassium feldspars that
>>  could be available in the US, any ideas?
>>
>>  Thanks
>>
>>  --
>>  David McBeth
>>  Professor of Art