[Clayart] nils lou art help

mel jacobson melpots2 at visi.com
Sat Mar 22 16:57:06 EDT 2014

Dear Friends and Colleagues of Nils Lou,

Over the coming months I will be cataloging the work of Nil's Lou in
preparation for a couple of retrospective shows that are planned for
next Spring. I also hope to accrue a catalogue that is extensive
enough to allow his impressive oeuvre to be included in a few
different digital archives for education and research purposes.

With that in mind I am looking to see what is out there in private
collections! I'm looking for both 2D and 3D works. SO: if you own a
Lou piece it would be incredibly helpful if I could get an email with
a photograph of the work (it doesn't have to be fantastic, just clear
enough for me to see what it is) and any other details you have on the
piece such as:

Title (if there was one):
Year:
Is it signed?:
Material:
Current location of the piece: is it in your private collection? at an
institution?

I realize that everyone is busy and things like this are a pain to
take care of but it would be a huge help to the work I am trying to do
and to the preservation of Nils Legacy, something that I know is
important to many of us.

Also, if you could pass this email on to anyone you know who you think
might have any of his work that would be great as well.

Thank you all!
[]

brittneyjean.h at gmail.com
from: minnetonka, mn