[Clayart] making a flat pattern for a concave surface

Randall Moody randall.moody at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:39:07 EDT 2014

Check cartography sites on the 'net for information on your problem. They
have  been dealing with flat to spherical projections for a long time.

FYI, yes there is a mathematical way of laying this out (I am sure that it
is locked away somewhere in my "formula's never to be used again" cabinet
in my brain) but you would probably find that once you start putting the
decal on the actual piece the time spent crunching the numbers would only
get you close to the result you want.

> --
Randall in Atlanta
http://wrandallmoody.com