[Clayart] adding silicon carbide to clay

Eric Ciup eciup at gmx.com
Wed Mar 26 13:17:41 EDT 2014

Jonathon,

This seems to me to be a difficult and expensive way to build a heat
exchanger. Stainless steel would be much easier to work with, less
bulky, and probably more efficient. It can easily withstand the flue
temperatures since it is actively cooled on one side. Studio Potter
published an excellent design Volume 7 number 2 by Buddy Francis.

Eric