[Clayart] nceca stories/long

Taylor Hendrix wirerabbit2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:54:17 EDT 2014

Tony C, Paul L and others. I had a nice little love note written about
NCECA and of course, the ether took it.

I started believing that the most important aspect of going to NCECA was
the chance to make connections with other clay folk. Now that I have three
NCECAs under my belt, I've expanded my valuation to include all the
concurrent shows available in and around the conference site, especially
important to those of us that feel because of our relatively young clay
age, we need to expose ourselves (yes, Russel, I said "expose ourselves")
to as much clay as possible. While seeing all that great clay in Houson was
a big part of going last year, the personal connections were what sent me
(literally) to my very first NCECA (Louisville) and it will be personal
connections that will bring be back in the future.

I am very hopeful about the future including NCECA's future. It will
change. Claying will change and we will be right there in the middle of it.
My plan is as it was almost  I'm glad Paul Lewing was in the middle of it
when he facilitated the meeting of a budding raku artist with Steven
Branfman and a great public relations agent for clay.

Taylor, in Rockport TX
wirerabbit1 on Skype (-0600 UTC)
http://wirerabbit.blogspot.com
http://wirerabbitpots.blogspot.com