[Clayart] - Being a Potter

Dogboy Heard irpagan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:19:41 EDT 2014

Personally I knew from the moment my hands touched clay that is what I wanted to do with my life. Circumstance, called "Life" has gotten in the way of that dream but it hasn't stopped my love of clay nor the wheel from spinning.  Shoji Hamada said we are a sum of our experiences, thus what we are we bring to clay.  I think sometimes some folk tend to forget that  -- just because I can think of "other" things than clay doesn't mean I won't be a fulltime potter. It just means I have to keep trucking down that road to reach the end goal. For some the goal of potter comes easy for others its harder, and some will never achieve it but that doesn't mean they shouldn't strive for it. -Dave
Between the waking and dreaming there lies reality.