[Clayart] Watch "Concussions 101, a Primer for Kids and Parents" on YouTube

Dorothy Parshall via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Tue Apr 7 18:23:11 EDT 2015

Duff is so correct!

I don't know about news in the USA but in Canada, concussion is a
frequent subject on the "sports" news. Recently, a player, football I
think, retired in his 20s for just that reason. It was wonderful to
see a young man caring that much about his brain rather than the glory
of a big shot player.

On our home front, my partner has had two serious ones over the years
and we know how long it takes to get back to "normal". Recently, I am
wondering  if the one four years ago has really healed completely;
there have been some minor but noticeable changes in behaviours. He
does not seem, in some ways,  the same person as five years ago.

The brain is both more fragile, more easily damaged,  and  more able
to heal than once thought.

Dorothy, Quebec and Ontario ( moving back to Bancroft, ON for at least
50% to get away from toxic spraying on crops in southern Quebec.)