[Clayart] Art, profit, doing what we love, and a few other uncafeinated thoughts

via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Tue Apr 21 09:45:17 EDT 2015

> Sorry to hear about your computer woes. What I would suggest is to get
an external hard drive, and back up all of the data that is important to
you on that hard drive as soon as you put the data on your machine.
There are software programs that will do this automatically for you if
you don't want to bother doing it yourself. Kaspersky works great and it
a top shelf anti virus app as well.

Also, get several DVD's and back up your data onto them. You can "ghost"
your drives as well. For best security, have your machine disconnected
form the internet (be sure to turn off the wi-fi connection as well as
disconnecting the ethernet cable whenever you are copying/transfereing
files to and from you external drive(s) if you are particularly concerned
about that sort of thing.

Hope this helps

Craig
Planet Houseton, Texas