[Clayart] cleaning aluminum pugmill

Bonnie Staffel via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Tue Apr 21 14:11:51 EDT 2015

I don't know if my solution will work, but I have always used HOT water to
get dry clay to absorb the water and remoisten in my pug mill. If that
fails, I have used Shaklee's Basic H added to the water as it is a wetting
agent. May work. And none of these ideas will hurt your aluminum. As an
added thought, I would never buy a pug mill with such a finish. Stainless
Steel is the best, IMO. I have had mine since the 70's and have no problem.
Too late for you though. What does Bailey suggest?

Regards, Bonnie

http://webpages.charter.net/bstaffel/

http://vasefinder.com/bstaffelgallery1.html

DVD  Throwing with Coils and Slabs