[Clayart] Slow/Fast Cooling

Eva Gallagher via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Fri Apr 24 09:37:26 EDT 2015

Hi  - our only problem with the slow cool was the fact that some glazes -
mainly a transparent clear would blister in the firing. In group firings
such as we have at the Guild it was always difficult to separate out those
glazes from the SC ones. However I think it was probably over firing when
holding  - as we were using the Steven Hill program which not only holds in
slow cool down but also holds  at the top temperature range before the slow
cool.
Eva Gallagher
Deep River, Ontario
http://newfoundoutpotter.blogspot.com/