[Clayart] Underglaze issue

sumi via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Mon Apr 27 11:01:17 EDT 2015

Alice

my interpretation of that is that the underglaze makes such a tight
barrier on the surface that water can't pass through it without popping
off the surface of the clay. Similar to the way terra sigillata can
behave. Maybe you really do have to pre-bisque to use these underglazes.
Or bisque really slowly and make sure the pots are really dry before
they go in.

Sumi