[Clayart] Underglaze issue

LaMaie, Janine via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Mon Apr 27 15:33:22 EDT 2015

Hi Alice:

I used to do a lot of underglaze/engobes and always worked on leather-hard clay.
I would often scribe around the edges to delineate, so my clay needed to be still soft enough for that.
Then I would bisque and clear glaze. I usually applied two or three coats of engobe.
Never had it flake off - with either commercial or engobes I made.

Janine in Tacoma.

________________________________
Janine LaMaie
Communications Manager
Voice 206-431-2257
Fax 206-431-2250
Email janine.lamaie at abam.com<mailto:janine.lamaie at abam.com>

BergerABAM
33301 Ninth Avenue South, Suite 300
Federal Way, Washington 98003-2600
http://www.abam.com<http://www.abam.com/>

Notice: This message and/or any attachments are private or privileged. If you are not the person for whom this message is intended, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or send this message to anyone else. Prior to use of this email message or its attachments, the intended recipient agrees to the terms of use outlined on BergerABAM's intellectual property link at www.abam.com<http://www.abam.com/>. Any such use indicates recipient's acceptance of the statements and conditions of permitted use without exception.