[Clayart] Easy to dismiss someone else's cracks

Paul Gerhold gerholdclay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 07:22:41 EST 2015

Dan,
It might be worthwhile to know if this is going to be a functional teapot that is for sale or a nonfunctional piece for your own collection.  A lot of worries about ethics and dangers here.  If it is a piece you want to salvage as a work of art and not a piece for sale then we can move on to ideas to salvage appearance.

If it s to be functional I agree that you just need to trash it.  I have bought several bad pieces in the past and it does the profession no good to sell defective work.

Paul

Sent from my iPad