[Clayart] making your own glaze

Kathi kathi at lesueurclaywork.com
Wed Dec 16 04:29:12 EST 2015

I have never let anyone make my glazes. When a former student found me an we became friends he offered, one day, to mix up a batch of glaze for me. This is someone I trained. He's been making pots and glaze for years at his own studio. But, people can make mistakes, they read a number wrong. They read the wrong line on the recipe. They use magnesium carb instead of manganese. If the mistake is going to be made I want it to be my mistake. That way I only have myself to blame. Glaze is too important to leave to someone else.

Kathi

Sent from my iPad