[Clayart] sheets in the kiln.

via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Mon Feb 9 05:17:45 EST 2015

Dear Ivor,

I had forgotten that since I do not use water as a reduction medium in my own firings.

Shiho-San maintains that the water presence is continuous in his case, and does not believe that occasional application is of any real worth, however I can see why Sven would use a saucepan full as a quick way of re-establishing a reduction atmosphere after stoking.
If I ever get back to wood firing again, I'll remember that.

Be well

Steve M

Steve Mills
Bath