[Clayart] sheets.....kiln/Now Hydrogen reduction

Ivor Lewis via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Mon Feb 9 23:40:16 EST 2015

For the standard description of the chemical reactions, including the
thermodynamic information, of the Water Gas Reaction read A. Earnshaw and N.
N. Greenwood, "Chemistry of the Elements." ISBN 0-7506-3365-4.

Strange tales are told of the mature of water. Recently I found the
following in a well respected science book for potters. I quote " 'Hydroxyl'
The (OH)- ion is the hydroxyl ion. Two such ions can combine to form a water
molecule"
No prize for solution of the equation. But if you believe what they say
about the break down of water as it changes into water vapour never ever try
to ignite the steam coming from a boiling kettle.
Regards to all,
Ivor