[Clayart] Flame movers

robert hackert via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Wed Feb 18 12:47:15 EST 2015

Hi James:
When I lived up in NJ I had purchased the Olympic raku/cone 10 kiln where you crank the body up to load and unload.
It took some time to get it right. I agree with all your observations. Their thermocouple was terrible, I removed it because it kept shutting the Baso valve down always in the middle of a firing. After that no problems. Half shelves were the answer. 1" off the floor, I also used flame splitters over the inputs. And, a full shelf did hold and even out the heat distribution. My cone packs agreed
Just my $.02.

Rob Hackert

Sent from my iPhone