[Clayart] mel's firing

mel jacobson via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Thu Feb 19 08:59:49 EST 2015

went very well.
cold and lite wind.  perfect for firing.
down fired at 1900F for two hours.

i will put a pot on facebook as i just don't
have time to search for my website and build that
today.  (after my big computer crash i have switched
the loading of website to a second computer.)
so.
my new itc coating and new shelf arrangement has
taken two hours off my firing.  amazing.  i am actually
stunned.  i think my brick was so old it was losing its
K factor...or it just was not working as an insulator.

i have fired by hour timing for so long it makes me jump
when i see cone 9 going over in six hours.  and, this is
a 45 cube kiln, not a small one by any imagination.
mel
from: minnetonka, mn
website:http://www.melpots.com
new book: http://www.21stcenturykilns.com