[Clayart] Teaching as learning

Robert Harris via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Thu Feb 26 16:12:07 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM, John Post via Clayart <
clayart at lists.clayartworld.com> wrote:

> My son said that the part he enjoys about teaching the other guys in his
> class is that it
> forces him to think about how he does what he is doing and it helps him
> learn more and
> become a better welder in the process.

When I was first starting my Ph.D. and I was learning lots of new
techniques (you'd be amazed at how hands on and 'mechanical' labwork is!),
my supervisor would always say that the best way to learn is "Watch one, Do
one, Teach one". And not until you've taught someone else, do you really
"get it", and understand enough to really improve your own technique.

Robert