[Clayart] quick fix elec kiln

Terrance Lazaroff via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Mon Jul 13 22:01:23 EDT 2015

I remember when I fired with a very old kiln.  When a element broke I just took a four inch piece of an old element and threaded the two ends onto the short one. There  was no welding, just contact where the wires intertwined. There was enough contact to continue using the broken element for many more firings.

I don't know if there are any safety concerns, as nothing happened, even when I had two and three graphs on one element. The kiln fired, a bit slower but it reached cone nine.
Terry.

Sent from my iPad