[Clayart] mixing clay, funny questions

John Post via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Thu Jul 23 23:23:45 EDT 2015

At a school I was taking classes at there was a Soldner mixer with the cement tub.
The studio policy was that after you made clay, you had to make sure the tub was completely spotless - in case someone wanted to make a white porcelain body after you were done.

I asked "Who is making porcelain bodies in this program?"
The answer - "Well, no one."

I never washed the Soldner out once - it made a few of the rule followers nervous - but there was no way I was going to waste time washing out a mixer tub in a studio where no one needed it that clean for the next batch...

John Post