[Clayart] Flameware Pottery - The New Arcanum

Paul Herman via Clayart clayart at lists.clayartworld.com
Wed Oct 7 22:29:18 EDT 2015

George,

Interesting pursuit you are doing there. I have a question.

In your attempt to establish standards with the other makers of flameware, you ask:

“6. What is the percent of slumping of the clay body.”

I would like to know how you set up this test, to determine the percent of slumping in the clay body. Make a bar and set it on two props, and see how far it sags? Is there a standard test? I must confess, I do not know the percent of slumping in my clay! I know it’s not very much. It’s not flameware though.

Bon feu,

Paul Herman

Great Basin Pottery
Doyle California