[Clayart] kiln permits/primer

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 11:13:20 EST 2016

Hi Ken,
I "suggest" that you "make the necessary calls and see."   More than a few good and experienced professional folks here on Clayart have "written the book" for you.   All you need to know has been written, so if you take it for the value it holds....
The only thing that will prevent you from getting a kiln up and running now is hesitant indecisiveness.

Also let me recommend that you buy local, new, and the "best."  Doing this will give you tech support for set up and confidence in your equipment and in your dealings with the insurance and permit people.

People, and industry have been firing electric kilns since soon after they invented the electric chair and so ever before most of us were born.

Insurance companies and safety agencies of all stripes have worked out all the issues and millions of folks have electric kilns in homes, barns, garages, upstairs bed rooms, horse trailers, and sheds out back.

Worst case event; you die in a plane crash...and you never get to make and fire all the pots you dithered around while you could have.
Be on with it brother!!!

David Woof