[Clayart] white crackle raku glaze

Sharon Wetherby wetherby.ss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:26:53 EDT 2016

Phyllis,
The following is a two-ingredient raku crackle glaze that the Lockheed
Martin potters have used for years.  It is clear, but looks white, applied
on white clay bodies.

Gerstley, 80%; Neph Syenite, 20%.  Source/notes:

Source: Pam Summers, Raku Artist in Fort Worth, TX.
Application: Apply to bisque by brushing, dipping or spraying. Allow each
coat to dry till the sheen disappears. Each coat should be the thickness of
a playing card. Dry completely before firing. Protect from dust.
Firing Results: In oxidation glaze is a clear crackle with uncolored
cracks. In redux it is a crackle white with black lines.

Sharon Wetherby
Fort Worth, TX