[Clayart] e-book settlement credit

Deborah Thuman debthuman at zianet.com
Thu Jul 7 12:59:36 EDT 2016

I got an e-mail from Barnes & Nobel about a settlement credit that I have - $74 and change. So… I bought a couple books with my credit. And the books were charged to my credit card not my settlement credit.

What I didn’t know - and it didn’t say in the e-mail - is that I had to put the credit into my account. I got talked through this, credit card charges are reversed and the books came off my settlement credit.

Moral of the story: If you have a settlement credit for e-books, be sure to check your credit card statement to make sure that your purchases are coming off your settlement credit.

Deb Thuman
debthuman at zianet.com <mailto:debthuman at zianet.com>
https://debthumanblog.wordpress.com <https://debthumanblog.wordpress.com/>
“For the survivor who chooses to testify, it is clear: his duty is to bear witness for the dead and for the living. He has no right to deprive future generations of a past that belongs to our collective memory. To forget would be not only dangerous but offensive; to forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time.”
Elie Wiesel