[Clayart] Glaze question from novice

Snail Scott claywork at flying-snail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:27:31 EDT 2016

> On Jul 11, 2016, at 9:38 AM, Ken Chase via Clayart <clayart at lists.clayartworld.com> wrote:
> ...I applied a low fire glaze
> To the very top of a bottle shape with the expectation it would run and yield the affect I was looking for. Didn't happen...

Glazes in layers are an interactive system. What each one might do
alone, or in combination with something else, might be indicative of
what a particular combo might do, but the exact nature of each
component glaze and their application can make a big difference.

If the low-fire top glaze was plenty runny, it might still not be runny
enough if the glaze underneath was inclined to stay put. Test it over
other glazes, and try other top layers instead of this one.

Generalities only take you so far.

          -Snail