[Clayart] fired glaze density differences

David Hendley david at farmpots.com
Wed Jul 13 14:00:27 EDT 2016

I have used the this rutile/iron overglaze for many decades.
I love the color as well as the crystallization, and I know what
you are referring to.
I have always assumed that the overglaze is much more
fluxed than the glaze, which allows everything to melt more
and thus the glaze melts more and runs, causing an extra
thick glaze to thin and spread out.
Who knows, just my guess.
David Hendley
david at farmpots.com