[Clayart] ventilation/filters/Particle sizes

jonathan byler jebyler2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:26:19 EDT 2016

Hi All,

We are getting a new dust collection system for our clay and glaze mixing areas, and I have a few questions:

I’m compiling a list of materials used and particle sizes to give to the engineer.  I’ve been looking at MSDS sheets and Digitalfire’s materials database for info, and was wondering if any of our experts have anything to add.  The smallest particle size i’ve seen so far is listed as 0.2 micron, and I’m wondering if we need to get filters that can filter smaller sizes than that?  In order to keep heated and cooled air in the building, they want to exhaust the units back into the conditioned space.

Any input especially into potential pitfalls we might run into would be most welcome.

Thanks,
jon