[Clayart] ventilation/filters/Particle sizes

Tommy Humphries tommyhumphries at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 14:09:32 EDT 2016

First off you need to determine just how much dust Is actually in the air. This will determine what capacity filtration you need. If you have a very dusty environment you will need a higher capacity  filter, or you will be changing it weekly, or even daily.

Multi stage filtering will be the way you want to go, removing the larger particles with less expensive filters before the air reaches the expensive hepa filters. 3 stages is usually sufficient.

As for filtration size, it would be wise to get the finest that your air handler can pull through. The finer the filter the harder the fans have to work.

Tommy Humphries

Sent from my iPhone