[Clayart] Kiln wash Flaking - help

Ken Chase kchase235 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:13:39 EDT 2016

Thought I'd join in with a question.
I bought a 5lb bag of kiln wash when I bought my electric kiln. After a mishap I ground off
Spilled glaze and brushed on three thick layers of wash which promptly flaked off big time.
Likely that I brushed it on too thick?
Or is it possible the wash is low quality?
And finally.....is it better to make up,your own
Kiln wash?
Thanks
Ken

Sent from my iPad