[Clayart] (no subject)

Jim Brown jbrown1000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:32:59 EDT 2016

"Your statement above comes across as a variation on "There is nothing new
- it's all been done before."  Based on your history on Clayart I don't
think you really think that" - Vince

Not that it has been done before exactly like that but that what is made is
based upon everything we have ever seen or done.

Is there a "new" shape that is not somewhat what has been done in the
past?  Is a slightly different color new?  Was the first time someone
painted a vase "new" or just moving painting to the vase?

Something new can come in research in finding something that has never been
found before or finding something in space that has not been found before
but when we humans think about creating something out of clay, artist oils,
etc, how could one separate from all that has made up our being and all we
have seen in our lifetime?

*                       JIM BROWN*

*                 BROWN POTTERS*

*  "Making handmade pottery . . . *

*                                                . . . since the 1700's"  *
                   *   386 479-4515*
*            www.brownpotters.com <http://www.brownpotters.com>*